Monday, January 12, 2009

The first step is admitting there's a problem.

Or so they tell me.

I wouldn't know, as I'm not in rehab.

I have realized, however, that I do have some serious addictions. I've developed a drug habit. Because I am *SO* addicted to New Kids, it's only fitting that they have developed nicknames related to addiction-causing materials.

Jonathan is exactly my brand of Heroin. Aptly named because of his immediate effects on me - heightened body temperature, flushed skin, breathlessness and clouded mental function. The most addictive of all New Kids drugs, Heroin is also the most dangerous...much like those quiet people you have to watch out for!

Joe is Crack. Let's face it - he's HOT and I want more and more of him with every hit. Not to mention, Crack causes my heart to race and, like Heroin, my body temperature to rise. Crack is also fairly cheap, as drugs go, and you saw Joe's blog about being too cheap to pay for delivery on his Christmas tree. Sooner or later, though...Crack can hurt my heart. *coughcoughBARRETTcoughcough* I must be careful.

Jordan is Pot. One of the most recreational drugs, Pot can be found to cause sleeplessness and, with long-term use, difficulty breathing. It's also been reported that those using Pot tend to miss more work than those who don't. (You saw my blog about work...you know where this is going!) Pot's also a drug I could live without if I absolutely had to..but he it's one that's usually up for a good time if you don't have anything better to do.

Donnie is Ecstasy...or X as it's termed in the party world. X is used to calm my nerves, and heighten my sexual awareness (sound like anybody we know?). Like the other drugs, a rise in body temperature usually comes with X - along with teeth clenching, blurred vision, sweating and fainting. Then, of course, there's also the confusion, sleep problems and constant cravings. Ahh yes...I love me some X.

Danny is Ginseng. Being the health-nut of the group, he's inspired me to come back to a more holistic high. Increasing my mental awareness, Ginseng is a refreshing retreat from the other drugs who make my mind race from one thought to another. He It is something that restores my body, healing and relaxing the tension I feel. Although typically a very healthy addition, it can sometimes cause nervousness and excitability. Overall, he's it's well worth the risk.

Like any drug...excessive use can destroy lives. I have to be very careful to make sure my addictions don't override my everyday life. Unlike most addictions, though...I don't want to be cured of this one. No 12-step programs here, despite their talk of "Step by Step" in the 90's. I want nothing to do with quitting these Drugs...as if I stand a chance at a cure, anyway!

I love my little addictions!

**Editor's note: The author of this blog is not and has never used any type of illegal substance, much less been addicted to any. This blog was written tongue-in-cheek, so please take it in the context it was intended.**

No comments:

Post a Comment